What internet package is right for me?
- All of our packages are designed to allow for:
- Web surfing
- Checking emails
- Sending and receiving pictures
- VOIP, Skype, etc.
- Peer to Peer and other video type web based activities
- The main difference between packages is the speed at which you can do each of these.
- VOIP service would see better service with Extreme or above.
- We strongly encourage Gamers, and heavier users of Peer to Peer to use our Extreme or Ultimate packages to maximize their performance and satisfaction.
What is involved in the sign up process?
- Give us a call at 403-537-2560
- You will be asked for all your contact and billing information
- Choose the service level you would like
- You can then book your install date and time
- We bring equipment out to install and then you’re done!
Do I need to sign a contract to get services?
We offer a “No Contract” option on all residential packages.
What are the costs to get internet from Velocity Networks?
- Monthly costs:
- Are based on what service package you choose, Pro-rated to the end of the current month, plus any additional services not included in the “package” you choose.
- There is a monthly device (router) fee that will work as your wifi router
- One time costs:
- You have 2 options:
- No contract, and a $ 100 one time basic install fee, OR
- With 24 month Contract you have, No Charge for the Radio equipment and no charge for the basic install.
- Basic Installation:
- Time up to 3 hours
- Basic cable running to the the supplied ( required ) router
- Basic mount
- cable ends, screws, sealant for holes, cable anchors (snap ties, clips or staples) and wall plate
- You have 2 options:
- Example of items not covered in basic install:
- Running cable through crawl spaces or attics
- Drilling through concrete
- Fishing cable through walls
- Specialty roofs requiring climbing gear(This does not include climbing gear used for inclement weather this is free)
- Any reasonable time beyond 3 hours (not including anything mentioned above eg. attic climb or fishing cable these times will be removed from the install time before calculating total billable install time)
Why choose Velocity Networks?
- Residential packages up to 30 Mbps
- Knowledgeable tech support ready to help 24/7/365 days a week
- Optional “No contracts”
- Local company
- No Data Limits
- Optional No install fees
Where is Velocity Networks service area? (newly updated)
Please see our Coverage Map. We currently service rural Alberta. From Trans Canada Hwy, north past Cremona, East towards Airdre and west Waiparous area.
Please note that trees and hills change the coverage, best option is to get a “no charge” site survey done to know if you can get our service.
There is no charge for a site survey, with one exception, If you get a site survey and it is determined that you could get our service but then choose not to get installed… there is a $ 50 fee for us doing the site survey.
How do I log in to my account?
- Go to “Account Manager” – right side of main page
- Log on to your account using your user name and password ( call us to set this up the first time)
- You can pay bills, look at past invoices and payments and much more.
What are Velocity Networks email server settings for my email program?
When setting up emails you will need these settings.
Incoming server settings
- mail.velocitynetworks.ca or imap.velocitynetworks.ca
- on ports 993 for imap
- SSL/TLS security
Outgoing server settings smtp:
- port 587 with STARTTLS security
- password Authentication required
Please note that your username is the entire email address
Any problems making these changes please contact us at 403-537-2560 ext 1
How do I power cycle my Customer radio?
First identify the cable that comes from the customer radio (equipment outside your house ) it will come to a to little black or white box — that is the power for your “customer radio”. Disconnect the power to the customer radio and the light with go out. Wait about 15 seconds and then plug it back in. Check your computer for internet connection. If you still are having troubles please feel free to phone our tech support line at (403) 537-2560
How do I power cycle my Router?
Find your router (some common types are Linksys or Dlink) and disconnect the power plug on the back side. Wait about 15 seconds and then plug it back in. Check your computer for an internet connection. If you still are having troubles please feel free to phone our tech support line at (403) 537-2560
How do I setup a web "browser" to surf the web?
Please see this link for helpful information on how to setup a variety of web browsers: http://www.userservices.net/template/faq/windows/Browsers/choosebrowser.html
Malware and Blacklisted IPs FAQ
What is a Blacklisted IP ?
How do I get my IP removed from Blacklist ?
It is very important to note IPs get blocked for a lot of reasons, but in most cases it is because emails get comprimised and your email address spams others. So before you get your IP’s removed for the Blacklist you need to make sure the thing that caused the balacklisting to happen is resolved. If you dont and the IP gets lised again it gets very hard to get it off the list.
First step to getting your IP off a Blacklist is to get your IP
- in web browser type “whats my IP”
- The next screen will show you your IP address ( write it down )
- go to https://www.spamhaus.org/lookup/
- Take your IP and search it
- This will tell you if you are on a list and in many cases why you are on the list.
- You might need to have you computer serviced and cleaned of virus or malware.
- Once you have completed the process to clean your devices… then follow the black list removal process.
What is VCloud TV ?
VCloud TV – Advanced “Scroll-Back” TV
Only VMedia’s VCloud gives ‘scroll- back’ TV, where you can scroll back in the week in the TV Guide on your screen, select a show you missed, click ok and it’s up on your screen. And no wait time to download.
With VCloud TV, you get quick access to any show aired within the past 7 days on 25 channels. Our list of VCloud channels includes CTV, CBC, Global, CityTV, NBC, CBS, ABC, FOX, PBS, CW, MyTV, TVO, CHCH, Yes TV, CTV2Barrie, CBC Ottawa, CBC Windsor, ICI, OMNI1 and OMNI2, as well as specialty channels, Silver Screen Classics, Travel & Escape, Cottage Life and OUTtv. Lots of programming to choose from. So don’t worry about missing your favorite shows – they’re always in the cloud.
VCloud TV – The way TV should be. No extra hardware. No extra charge.
What Channels are available ?
How can I log in to my Crave or TSN or other apps I already subscribe to ?
Go to this link and register your app info, use your Vmedia username and password in the app to log in.